carving session next year

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

McFussel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by McFussel » Friday 29 March 2002, 18:32

Hi volks....

I would say sölden - sometimes it´s busy, but there are lots of lifts, so the crowd is spread widely. There are some really good slopes :P

If we decide to go there, I know personally a cheap, good place to stay about 15€ a night. And in Längenfeld is a free natural yakouzi (right spelled?) to stay in and relax - this is really cool!

:roll:

But maybe it´s good to try something new :P

McFussel
Don´t ride the chicken line!

http://www.carving-masters.de

chris

Re: euro sessions

Post by chris » Tuesday 2 April 2002, 10:38

nils wrote:Giving back to cesar what belongs to him:
i think something was started by the fellow carvers at pureboarding but not sure...
The difficulty with organizing is that it needs an organiser (aka fin/bomber and sean/donek) etc.. that has time to dedicate to it and sponsor it...
For now on, in europe we could either ring the big names bells ( oxygen, F2 and Hot ) and ask them for sponsorship, or start from small organisations like pureboarding, extremecarving, Oxess, Rissler etc..
then find a place that is in the middle ( swiss seems to fit in the criteria, or northern french alps..)
Any ideas?

Who wants to start??

N.

I can confirm this. PureBoarding is organising a "euro-expressionsession" next winter.
Lech (A) will host the very first Expression Sesssion Europe 2002 in
December. Closed off carving runs, test material and parties are just a sneak
peak of what the session will offer. Stay tuned to our website for further
information.
www.pureboarding.com

MennoB
Rank 4
Rank 4

Why Lech, and why december ???

Post by MennoB » Thursday 4 April 2002, 11:34

Why did you choose Lech, and why in december?

My experience is that snow in december is not exactly reliable. You run a good chance that slopes will be very thin and rocky. Not exactly the conditions to "put the pedal to the metal".

I would suggest to go in the 2nd or 3rd week of january. Snow problems (when it happens to be a bad snow-year) usually are solved by that time.

Also: why Lech?
I've been there when I went to St Anton some years ago. The slopes are suitable for an EES.
But the town is known to be the fur-coar capital of Austria. Our (NL) royal family spend their holidays over there.
The cost of accomodation is prohibitive, and could be a hurdle for many potential EES-participants...

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

Location> thoughts

Post by nils » Thursday 4 April 2002, 13:26

Looking at a map, and thinking of all the various countries involved... switzerland seems the best place to have everyone.. or maybe north french alps that are within an hour from geneve or lausanne... going further out implies transportations difficulties for most of the people ( am thinking of benelux people, scandinavians, french and spanish, UK and eventual ireland fellows, not even mentionning North americans that will want to attend the place...
this is why Austria, despite all its quality , seems to far east to my opinion..
Still has to be discussed i guess ;)
Nils

Shred Gruumer
Rank 1
Rank 1

Make a list Quickly and Vote

Post by Shred Gruumer » Thursday 4 April 2002, 19:27

Nils, Switzerland is good, not to many know That for real I am a Swiss Citezen, that why I may book my vactaion to Flims Laax, Plus Davos and Kloster are very close.

If something in Switzeraland was chosen then I could plan, also most of all nail down the date. Even if I did not book the right place I could still take a train and meet up with you guys. :wink: