Swoard in Belgian newspaper

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

erik
Rank 5
Rank 5

Swoard in Belgian newspaper

Post by erik » Thursday 1 March 2018, 23:05

A week ago I was contacted by Gazet Van Antwerpen for an interview regarding my Belgian skijumpingrecord a few years ago 8O yesyes :D
I couldn't resist talking about Extreme Snowboardcarving so why not in Swoardoutfit on the picture :)

https://www.gva.be/cnt/dmf20180222_0337 ... n-je-broek
Swoard 2D 168H #13, f2 race titanium, raichle AF600 ACSS, Northwave .900

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

Re: Swoard in Belgian newspaper

Post by nils » Friday 2 March 2018, 9:03

Erik
!
Excellent!!
Please copy paste a translated version of the article here!
Thnx
Nils

erik
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by erik » Friday 2 March 2018, 19:45

Just took Google translate so hopefully it's clear.

Erik Cop, here with his snowboard, saw how Tom Waes did ski jumping during 'Tomtesterom'. He then tried it himself and was even as a Belgian record holder.
Photo: Jan Van der Perre

MORTSEL - In the past few days you could read in your newspaper about biathlon, curling and ice hockey, all quite unemotional sports in our regions. But ski jumping is probably the crown in that category. It is a pretty frightening sport ", Mortselaar Erik Cop (44) admits. The laborer was two weeks long Belgian record holder ski jumping.
Would I do it again? It does tickle when I think ...

ERIK COP
Television figure Tom Waes jumped a distance of fourteen meters for his program Tomtesterom in 2012 and immediately reached the Belgian record. He was the first Belgian to ever participate in an official competition. Erik Cop (44) from Mortsel jumped 23 meters in May of the same year and pulverized Waes's attempt. His record was broken two weeks later by Rembert Notten from Neerpelt.

Erik is happy when we call him. "Great that it comes up again", he says. "Not that I was waiting for the recognition, but I would like to tell my story." Tom Waes was the immediate cause, says Erik. "After Tomtesterom a call was launched for Belgians to participate in an initiation in Germany. I went with eight others. Two weeks later I was able to participate in a competition, where I improved the Belgian record. It must be said that Tom Waes could not ski when he started, I did. "

It has to do something with you, so you can split through the air. "It's pretty frightening. Especially when you are waiting to leave the ramp, then you are sitting with an egg in your pants. (free translation). But from being at full speed, you become focused. It is all very fast. From the landing you realize what you have done. "

Would he do it again? "I do not know well, it sounds appealing in any case. If the opportunity presents itself again, I would doubt. But I am now also a few years older and it is choosing between the challenge and your body, such a jump is not without risk. "

But Erik does like a challenge. "I am currently working on triathlons of small distances. Gymnastics and football are also still hobbies. But the special sports appeal to me. Like bobsleigh, that seems like a great experience too. "Erik is looking for snow every winter. "To ski and do extreme carving." The latter is a certain way of snowboarding where your feet are slightly more forward on the board. "The intention is to make the bend so that your body is horizontal on the ice when you are hanging in the bend. It's about making the bend aesthetically as good as possible. "

Who wants to participate in competitions in the ski jumping, especially during the Winter Olympics, must be affiliated with a club. "But you have to go abroad for that," says Eddy.

Just like 'Eddy the Eagle', a cult figure in the world. "That was a Briton who participated in the Winter Games in Calgary in Canada in 1988. He was the first British Olympic ski jumper ever and became a celebrity because he did so badly. 'Eddie The Eagle' was kilos too heavy and finished last. But he still managed to jump to the Olympic Winter Games. Maybe a Belgian can ever follow him. Who knows..."
Swoard 2D 168H #13, f2 race titanium, raichle AF600 ACSS, Northwave .900

Arnaud
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Arnaud » Friday 2 March 2018, 21:54

Congratulations erik :bravo:
Swoard EC Pro2 168H - Swoard EC12 Boots - Gen5 168H - Stoke 162 M

e_wi
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by e_wi » Saturday 3 March 2018, 8:03

erik wrote:A week ago I was contacted by Gazet Van Antwerpen for an interview regarding my Belgian skijumpingrecord a few years ago 8O yesyes :D
I couldn't resist talking about Extreme Snowboardcarving so why not in Swoardoutfit on the picture :)

https://www.gva.be/cnt/dmf20180222_0337 ... n-je-broek
Geweldig Erik !

Envoyé de mon SM-G950F en utilisant Tapatalk
Swoard Pro2 175M, Redline bindings, UPZ RC10