question on Boardercross Boards

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

o.decraene
Rank 0
Rank 0

question on Boardercross Boards

Post by o.decraene » Sunday 7 April 2002, 15:08

hello,

a friend of mine bought the hot fireball

he's not very sure if he can carve with this board , they advised him soft boots.

i told him to mount plates on it to test the carving abilities , ....what do you think?would this make a good extreme carving board ...waist with a bit larger than normal carve boards .

i have good impression mounting my step in plates om my supermodel1.62.

some of you guys have experience with this ? please let me know...

bye

OLIVIER

rilliet
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by rilliet » Sunday 7 April 2002, 16:27

I never tried a borderX snowboard, but of course the first thing is the use of hardboots.

Carve low

Jacques

Post by Guest » Sunday 7 April 2002, 20:06

I have set my wife up with hard boots and a boarder X-ish board. She is using Raichle 324’s and a Volkel164 Spline. She is a mellow cautious rider who enjoys moderate intermediate runs. She loves her board-boot set up and is able to carve nice mellow lines.

I also use hardboots with a Burton Fusion, which is also a boarder X type board. I have used this as my powder board for 3 seasons. At moderate speeds in softer packed snow, usually on the lower half of the mountain is groomed, it is a lot of fun and easy to carve. I use this set up a lot here in Northern BC, the snow just seems to keep on coming.

Both the Spline and the Fusions are basically all around boards with a turned down and stiffer tail.

I have also tried a boarder x board that was very wide, with a short tail and was extremely “planky” or stiff. It carved poorly at any speed.

Sorry, I am not familiar with the hot fireball.

Regardless, I’d use the hardboots.

Hope this helps with your friends set up.
Rob