New: Extreme Carving photos 2002

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

New: Extreme Carving photos 2002

Post by fivat » Thursday 25 April 2002, 20:16

If you have missed the info, the new photos 2002 are available:

https://www.extremecarving.com/photos/photos02.html

Unfortunately, there are no new photos for the freeride pages! The season was really bad: we got very few snow and only 3 days with deep powder for all the winter. :cry:

We had to wait until March to take some photos and videos on the piste: there were too many stones making us nervous during the runs! Our edges are the most precious things! :D

-Patrice Fivat

pokkis
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by pokkis » Friday 26 April 2002, 13:37

> Our edges are the most precious things!

For me it is my head, that's why i wear helmet :)
You can allways update your board and get new edges, even sometimes you really miss good-old board :cry:

We were on Meribell on late January and i really manged to find there more stones on one run than in other places during whole season, but hey, that's life and for me boards are just like jeans, you use them as long as they survive ans stay in reasonable shape :lol:

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

thats true but in this case>

Post by nils » Friday 26 April 2002, 16:44

the boards are hand made, totally proto and expensive, and i can imagine how it feels when u hit a rock with them, or feel the electra 4000 getting dings ... horrible !!
This is why they take care much more care with their boards that i do with mine ( and i'm carefull !)

Nils

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

The edges!

Post by fivat » Friday 26 April 2002, 17:33

pokkis wrote:[...] for me boards are just like jeans, you use them as long as they survive ans stay in reasonable shape :lol:
nils wrote:the boards are hand made, totally proto and expensive, and i can imagine how it feels when u hit a rock with them, or feel the electra 4000 getting dings ... horrible !!
Nils is right. But there is another important point. We often extreme carve on very hard or icy slopes. Perfect edges are really necessary! If one damages the edges over a few centimeters, even slightly, that can make the difference between a perfect run and an "approximate" run :!:

Sharpen your edges, pokkis! :D

-Patrice Fivat