Winter 2010/11 - New stuff for riding a snowboard

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

Schneewurm
Rank 5
Rank 5

Winter 2010/11 - New stuff for riding a snowboard

Post by Schneewurm » Thursday 5 August 2010, 14:33

Upcomming season will be the first season, carving supplier will offer more different intermediate plates then plate-bindings for raceboards.

Many other news about stuff can be reported. Please help to complete the news here.

- - - -

- F2 boards are now produced at a complete other factory and by other workers, then on last winter. With the help of the tools from Pale like it was reported by Felix and also by Nils, they are now in progress to press the 2010/11 boards. We will see to which point of quality this craftmanship will go. So no more F2 board designs from shaper Tom Ratzek and Jerry Niedermeier will be available in the future.

- - - -

- Pogo snowboards shows new tools for Powder-snowboarding.
Some vew month ago, I saw a tail of winged metal blending with some powdersnow on the mountains, the brandnew Wingerski from Pogo.

It's seems for the upcomming season Pogo Snowboards will then launch also the new double winger pintail Guns TT-Fish 190 and TT-Fish 205. They are made for to catapult You to a new planet. Stable and easy to turn on high speed, build with Titanal® and Kevlar™.

Overview powdersnow-tools:
- Pogo Wingerski (Ski!): 189 cm, 123 mm, lifted nose 57 cm, lifted tail 20 cm
- Pogo Swallow D-day: 169 cm, 235 mm, lifted nose 42 cm, lifted tail 5 cm
- Pogo Swallow Secret Spot: 183 cm, 260 mm, lifted lifted nose 42 cm, lifted tail 5 cm (wide shape)
- Pogo Swallow Shaman: 193 cm, 235 mm, nose 42 cm, lifted tail 5 cm
- Pogo Swallow Maverick: 230 cm, 240 mm, lifted nose 67 cm, lifted tail 35 cm
- Pogo TT Fish 190: 190 cm, 270 mm, lifted nose 67 cm, lifted tail 35 cm (extra wide shape)
- Pogo TT-Fish 205: 205 cm, 253 mm, lifted nose 67 cm, lifted tail 35 cm

For all the pallets of new powder-snow-stuff on next season, there is the hope for more fresh snow. More than we had it in last winter.
Attachments
Pogo-TTfish-205.jpg
Pogo-TTfish-205.jpg (8.76 KiB) Viewed 14477 times
Pogo-TTfish-190.jpg
Pogo-TTfish-190.jpg (10.67 KiB) Viewed 14477 times
Pogo-Powderwinger-ski.jpg
Pogo-Powderwinger-ski.jpg (6.93 KiB) Viewed 14477 times
Gliding on Snowboards,
like Pogo, Kessler, Virus, Hot, Nidecker and others,
from 151 up to 183 cm and 14 to 27.4 cm width,
covering any kind of shapes with
any kind of boots and bindings.

yyzcanuck
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Winter 2010/11 - New stuff for riding a snowboard

Post by yyzcanuck » Thursday 5 August 2010, 20:00

Schneewurm wrote:- F2 boards are now produced at a complete other factory and by other workers, then on last winter. With the help of the tools from Pale So no more F2 board designs from shaper Tom Ratzek and Jerry Niedermeier will be available in the future.
I believe F2 boards have been manufactured at GST (Global Sports Technology) in Austria for many years and will continue to be manufactured there for the 2010-2011 season.

I will ask Jerry to post some more information about that here. I think a formal 'press release' from F2 would be good.

kurtsk8
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Winter 2010/11 - New stuff for riding a snowboard

Post by kurtsk8 » Thursday 5 August 2010, 20:34

Schneewurm wrote:....It's seems for the upcomming season Pogo Snowboards will then launch also the new double winger pintail Guns TT-Fish 190 and TT-Fish 205. They are made for to catapult You to a new planet. Stable and easy to turn on high speed, build with Titanal® and Kevlar™.....
Did you have the opportunity to test them? :)
"I miei sci sbattono, vibrano, sbandano. Io no."

Schneewurm
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Schneewurm » Friday 6 August 2010, 11:22

@ yyzcanuck,
Manufacturing of F2 boards by GST / Austria was till last Summer,
now it's HTSG in Saalburg-Ebersburg / GDR (German Democratic Republic).
Thats near of regional municipal Schleiz / Germany.

No kurtsk8, I'm still standing here on planet Earth.
Gliding on Snowboards,

starikashka
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by starikashka » Saturday 7 August 2010, 9:40

Schneewurm wrote: German Democratic Republic

This country does not exist anymore :-) wake up :-)

Thanks for keeping us up to date :-) those fishes looks interesting...what is the reason to have a longer tail with bigger square compared to regular swallow board?
i`m learning

Hans
Rank 5
Rank 5

F2 boards

Post by Hans » Saturday 7 August 2010, 18:04

will come out of the Virus factory this upcoming season.

yyzcanuck
Rank 4
Rank 4

F2 Production

Post by yyzcanuck » Monday 9 August 2010, 16:42

OK, there will be some manufacturing of F2 snowboards by HTSG. This company will manufacture the 4 softboot boards (Air, Freedom, Gypsy, Concept).
They will also manufacture the 'Karbon' boards for the alpine market (Eliminator Carbon, Silberpfeil Carbon, Silberpfeil Vantage) due to their knowledge in this area.
All remaining F2 boards in the alpine market will continue to be manufactured at GST in Austria.

Now, about Virus production of F2 boards for this season... This is not true. F2 is working with Virus to develop a WC system to include board, plate and bindings. This is not product available to the general market. It will only be available on a test program for selected teams and individuals to ensure the product meets the future needs of WC calibre PGS & PSL riders.

For me, all of this is exciting news. I think this shows F2's increased commitment to the alpine market. By injecting money into a development program targeting the future PGS & PSL racers, the technology will certainly become part of their production lineup.

Already the Equipe version of Speedster RS & SL have new shapes since last season. They have the decambered nose & tail with blended multiple sidecut radii. This comes directly from the WC editions.

I'm looking forward to seeing the product developed by Virus making it into F2's production lineup.

starikashka
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: F2 Production

Post by starikashka » Monday 9 August 2010, 17:46

yyzcanuck wrote:For me, all of this is exciting news. I think this shows F2's increased commitment to the alpine market. By injecting money into a development program targeting the future PGS & PSL racers, the technology will certainly become part of their production lineup.
Dave, are you sure that this is not Frank`s commitment :-)?
i`m learning

yyzcanuck
Rank 4
Rank 4

well...

Post by yyzcanuck » Monday 9 August 2010, 18:04

I'm not sure about Frank but... I don't work for free!! Somebody must be putting money into the program.

Hans
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Hans » Tuesday 10 August 2010, 1:46

Thanks Dave for clearing this up and informing us!

Schneewurm
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Schneewurm » Saturday 14 August 2010, 9:03

Yes starikashka I'm awake. It's official since some Years than GDR have been droped by West-Germany. Well, we have much of employees out from the GDR here in Switzerland. Sometimes I'm realy not sure, if they know there was a change.

... those fishes looks interesting ...
Such tails have somme advantages. The NS Summit (for to be clear, NS stands for Never Summer and nothing else) goes to this kind of shapes. Ask member Felix. He did some runs on the NS board and knows more. Swallows are hard to handle for quick turns and movements if You ride on very, very slow speed or out of a stand. Even on crusted snow they are tricky to ride. Beside that, swallow-tail snowboards are ticklish to handle if You had to wangle / drift-sidewards the board as flat as possible, up to a "wrong" angulation (*) of the board on snow (* not recommended for beginners, maybe also not for slightly advanced riders. Moves like that must be done, if there is nearly no more snow off-piste - for to save impacts to Your board/edges during turns/stops).
Thiner tails like on TT-Fish'es eliminate all this disadvantages, but keeps a stable ride on high speed in deep powdersnow.

- - - -

Ohhh, developments from Virus for F2?
This is realy not needable. All remaining mayor and good FIS-World-Cup rider left F2 before/last winter. They had informations ahead about the change (at Fis-Ski no more F2-rider can be found yet on the top 50 of 2009/10 cup standings / please report here, if You find any!) So there is no additional needness to scare any more World-Cup rider by anouncements, like Virus Snowsports will keep hands on F2 WC-things. Such issue about that, sounds for me like Vespa will turn now from providing Northern Germany's Scooterboys, to the engeneering-department of Yamaha or Honda on MotoGP.

Well standards have been settled. Cool brands offering World-Cup stuff are now on progress to feed demands of upcomming alpine snowboarding nations. You can find them on the middle east (strong growings) and far east. Hardbooters scene in Europe and in the West turns beside Worldcup, more and more over the agelimit of Baby boomers up to the Builders.

- - - -

But let us now switch back to the news for upcomming winter! There are so many news and I'm realy dissapointed about only vew users help to let us know what's going on!

There is upcomming a realy new and strong hype for a fresh and freaky kind for to move on snowboards. Since more than one month close-outs/summerend-sales of summer-goods have been finished here. So sporting-good stores are on preparing now for next winter and all over the country people take on their focus to Bungee Boarding.

There is now a small and cheap tool for it available (Euro 150.- - 220.-). It will help next winter snowboarders to do snowboarding for instant on every small hill coverd by snow. No more lifts are then required (for sure, for big-mountain riding lifts will stay a good party).
Just take out Your boots and board, put the rope to an anchor on top of the hill near to You and lets go boarding over lunchtime or in the evening. That will keep Your fitness on good shape (control Your BMI, training torso and six-pack by sports, not by beer and food-excess). This will also improve Your carving technique!

- -

So stayed tuned, there is more. I just have to swich now off my computer. A new powdersnow-tool was arrived and I have to take my snowboarding-backpack for to ride by bicycle to the store (¾-hours each way) and pick up the board. This will help me for one ¾-hour to show the board like a poser to hundreds, perhaps thousands of people (Saturday morning shopping) on streets. During wintertime on snow I like then much more to ride the snowboard and not to present it/me to others on a boring slope. Presentings on snow is realy a first choice of activity for riders from an other one carving specific forum in Europe.
Gliding on Snowboards,

Schneewurm
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Schneewurm » Sunday 15 August 2010, 21:08

for those who did miss the link to Bungee Boarding: www.bansheebungee.com

Toko ski- and snowboard-wax was selling from Mammut in Seon to Swix Sport (Norwegian Wax company).
After some Years of no more new innovations, there is now the hope for better wax.
Production lines in Altstätten near Vorarlberg/Austria have been closed since Years.

French see here: http://www.romandie.com/infos/news2/201 ... 0AWPCH.asp
English see here: http://www.crosscountryskier.com/ccsnew ... ewsid=1337
Norwegians see here: http://www.gd.no/nyheter/article5218365.ece
Russians see here: http://www.skisport.ru/news/index.php?news=10462
Gliding on Snowboards,

starikashka
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by starikashka » Monday 16 August 2010, 17:20

Schneewurm wrote:Yes starikashka I'm awake. It's official since some Years than GDR have been droped by West-Germany. Well, we have much of employees out from the GDR here in Switzerland. Sometimes I'm realy not sure, if they know there was a change.

... those fishes looks interesting ...
Such tails have somme advantages. The NS Summit (for to be clear, NS stands for Never Summer and nothing else) goes to this kind of shapes. Ask member Felix. He did some runs on the NS board and knows more. Swallows are hard to handle for quick turns and movements if You ride on very, very slow speed or out of a stand. Even on crusted snow they are tricky to ride. Beside that, swallow-tail snowboards are ticklish to handle if You had to wangle / drift-sidewards the board as flat as possible, up to a "wrong" angulation (*) of the board on snow (* not recommended for beginners, maybe also not for slightly advanced riders. Moves like that must be done, if there is nearly no more snow off-piste - for to save impacts to Your board/edges during turns/stops).
Thiner tails like on TT-Fish'es eliminate all this disadvantages, but keeps a stable ride on high speed in deep powdersnow..
Yep...we have same situation with the "soviet-kind" guys who want even Stalin come back :-) or other old cowards who were better "housekeepers" than current bunch of thiefts :-) Are those people from GDR good workers? What is the major difference from people of Western Germany...It`s really interesting, we have no such comparison :-)

I completely lost in your comment regarding the fish-shape, so i ask for some clarification. I`m a happy owner of APO swallowtail, i tried this board during my last soelden trip for a few powderdays :-)
If i use "powder board" only to ride the small areas of fresh snow out of prepared ski runs in soelden, what is the situation when using fish shape gives me ,unexperienced freerider, some advantages or introduce some additional risk.
i`m learning

Jerry
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Jerry » Monday 16 August 2010, 18:16

Schneewurm wrote:- F2 boards are now produced at a complete other factory and by other workers, then on last winter. With the help of the tools from Pale So no more F2 board designs from shaper Tom Ratzek and Jerry Niedermeier will be available in the future.
Not so quick...There was indeed a lot of rumor out there regarding F2 Snowboards. Fact is, shaper Jerry Niedermeier has extended his contract with F2 and there is no reason to believe, he will not live up to it. Regarding the production issue, GST is manufacturing all 2011 alpine boards except 2 Carbon Editions (Silberpfeil and Eliminator) and will continue to do so. It is planned however, that starting 2011 F2 will be offering custom boards "made in germany". Whether top notch riders will switch back to F2 remains to be seen, so stay tuned....

yyzcanuck
Rank 4
Rank 4

WELCOME

Post by yyzcanuck » Monday 16 August 2010, 20:41

Welcome to the forum Jerry.