Test SWOARD vs. Virus Extremecarver

Support about extremecarving or freecarve/freeride Swoard boards, hardboots and bindings

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, nils

István
Rank 5
Rank 5

AFAIK

Post by István » Tuesday 4 January 2005, 21:29

Skywalker, what does AFAIK stand for? I always have difficulties with your abreviations.... :-)

Another question: how old is this specific boardl? If this is old enough then we are writing history here, man...

Thx,

Istvan

Arnaud
Administrator
Administrator

translation

Post by Arnaud » Tuesday 4 January 2005, 21:55

@ Istvan and all others with translation problems (like me :( )
I suggest you to get Babylon : www.babylon.com
This great multilanguage tranlation software knows most of usual abreviations like AFAIK

"AFAIK (As Far As I Know)
to the best of my knowledge (Internet chat slang) "

HNY :wink:
Swoard EC Pro2 168H - Swoard EC12 Boots - Gen5 168H - Stoke 162 M

roman
Rank 4
Rank 4

virus extreme carver

Post by roman » Tuesday 4 January 2005, 22:05

hey guys!

this board was build last season. first ridden at the end of summer 2003. i am sure there ar some guys in this forum who have ridden this one. including me... :wink:

thank you olaf and boris for this interessting test! the only thing i could imagin what your problem could be is really your weight. looks you weight in too less, to proper bend the preload of the board in this builded version. sounds very simpel to me. i will arrange a other type for you, of corse in the same production quality.

we will see us again soon!

ride on,
roman

cmachine
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by cmachine » Tuesday 4 January 2005, 22:37

Hi Roman

Thanks for your reply. Good to hear that you also have the same guess about this board as we do - it's maybe really to hard for 72kg.

See you soon
Olaf

tommaso2k
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tommaso2k » Wednesday 5 January 2005, 10:05

Hi,

i would like to add some words as well because i am the lucky one who has a Swoard 175 H and a Virus 175 EC in stock :wink:

So i think i am really able to compare both boards. Important is that both boards are build for my rider weight (100+) so i dont have the issue of too less weight to bend the board :lol:

I am agreeing with Olaf, Boris and Istvan that the Virus board is more agile and reactive and kicks you more from one turn in the next - the Swoard is more lazy compared to the Virus.

I cannot agree to the comment with the edge grip of the Virus especially on the backside. I have a total other feeling when i am riding my Virus. Indeed the edge grip of the Swoard is very good but the edge grip of the Virus is little bit better and sometimes unbelieveable.

IMHO the Virus carves pretty stable on well grommed pists as well as bumpy ones - the dampening is very good.

So as conclusion the only point which should everybody keep in mind is that the Virus is really demanding - like Istvan said a wild horse. This board is very fast and wants to be ridden aggresiively - to be honest i need a little time on this weapon to become the mast of the board and not vice versa :wink:

So finally both boards a very good carving machines of very good quality and everybody who ones one of them should be really happy.

@ Olaf, Boris - i am really looking forward when you test the Virus EC from Roman fitting in your weight range.

Greetings

Thomas
Brand doesn´t matter, the spirit does!

Felix
Rank 5
Rank 5
Location: Austria, but moedling near vienna, bloody 1 hour drive to semmering or rax

Post by Felix » Thursday 6 January 2005, 13:11

According to the new announcement of swoard made by virus.

Does this mean you have been riding a "stolen technology extremecarver", a 2D model or a 3D model. Roman said to you to provide you with an appropriate board for your weight, meaning you have been, will be the first official 3D testers? :lol:

This is getting confusing

Felix

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

technologies

Post by nils » Thursday 6 January 2005, 14:06

As of yet, Virus and Swoard both keep their own technologies, and the Swoard boards are using our tech, while Virus uses its own tech. It means no virus is using the ATC technology as for now :)

Nils

harald
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by harald » Thursday 6 January 2005, 16:52

Yes, keep it that way and protect and develop your own technology. That is the best way to survive and prosper.
harald

cmachine
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by cmachine » Thursday 6 January 2005, 18:36

Hi All

Our test of the virus has nothing to do with the new Swoard.

In fact, we even didn't know about the the new Swoard and Virus.

Olaf